Thursday, May 03, 2007

The cows...



For those of you that have either been to our house or have heard us talking about it we have been forever plagued with these COWS in our kitchen. A little bit of history: the people we bought the house from must have really liked the country setting b/c she used cow, hearts, and stars contact paper for wallpaper in the kitchen. --Yes I said contact paper. I cannot get the stupid stuff off. I think I have used every kind of chemical there is. I even tried goo-be-gone and it ate my drywall, but left the cows!:) Oh yes! It is all true! Anyways, we have been trying to make some updates to the house and could not figure out a way to get rid of the cows on the wall--not only are they on the walls but they are on every corner (4) of each cabinet door and drawer. Think its funny, do ya!???!!!!

Well, we finally got the cows covered with some updated wallpaper (easiest solution) and in the pics. Todd and Gavin are laying ceramic tile. It has been quite the project, but now that it is almost done it looks really nice in there. Now all we have left is the cupboard doors. We have to take and sand down completely--again, to get rid of the infamous COWS!:)

If you look close at the picture of Todd, you can see the new border

we put up (at the very top of the picture).

0 comments: