Todd and the kids were in an accident yesterday afternoon. He was in Perry driving home and saw a lady coming off the exit ramp--flying, not stopping...he stopped abruptly and she swerved and slammed into him--head on! Everyone is okay! Taylor actually slept through the whole thing. To make a long story short, she was drunk, unmedicated manic depressent, on Suicide Watch b/c she had already threatened to kill herself and her kids (who were in the car with her). She was arrested-duh!:) and Family had to come get her children. She was so intoxicated, she thought she was in Imlay City! She had some verbal rage she lashed out at Todd, threatening to kill him and kill our kids. Gavin only knows that "the lady had to get handcuffed because she was nuaghty and mean to the policeman." Thank the Lord that is all he knows--that is enough in itself!
The EMT's checked Todd, Gavin, and Taylor over before they were allowed to leave.
As Todd and I were talking last night about the whole incident, I was flooded with emotions.
I know as soon as I heared about it my initial reactionw as PANIC> is everyone okay, where are you, the kids? Are the kids okay? Then I moved to EMOTIONAL WRECK>I need to get home and kiss and hug on them. I did! I gave them each a kiss and hugged and squeezed--and held on tight! and told them how much I LOVE THEM! Then I moved to ANGER> what was that woman thinking--she not only jeopardized her own life, but her kids, MY kids, and MY husband! OH the nerve! and more ANGER b/c by the sounds of it, the police knew there were issues with this woman, and yet she was still allowed on the road, and possession of her children.
Then I moved to PRIDE-I am so proud of the way Todd handled the whole situation. At first, she was trying to give him her wedding ring, checkbook, anything to get him to not call the police. He tried calming her down, telling her not to talk of killing herself, that she needed to check on her kids. etc. He was paying attention too--right from the beginning. He saw her coming and stopped to lessen the impact! Then he said, he felt bad for the two small kids, but he is glad she was stopped then and not 70-80 mph on the freeway killing everyone involved! How TRUE!
Then I moved to THANKFUL!-I don't think I can say it enough, I AM SO THANKFUL FOR MY FAMILY!!!! I am still htere...I am so thankful for Gavin, Taylor, and Todd! I love them all so much!
I told Todd, I want to go out and buy a huge bed so that we can all sleep together and I don't ever have to let them out of my sight--He chuckled and then said, yeah, but then you wouldn't be trusting the Lord to take care of them either! Hmm! More praying and thinking to do~
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Another Reminder to be Thankful for my Family!
Posted by Todd, Carolyn, Gavin, Tarylor, and Kennedy Bishop at 8:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I am also thankful that everyone is OK!
Sometimes fleeting thoughts go through my head and I want to squeeze everyone tighter...but as your wise husband said - we begin to not trust God. I constantly have to remind myself that the kids and Stephen are gifts from God...they are not mine, and God can call any of us back to Him at any time. It is so hard to not be selfish - I struggle with this a lot.
Oh my goodness! I'm also thankful everyone is alright! PTL there were no injuries. Yay Todd for being a good daddy and paying attention while driving with your precious cargo in the car!
Post a Comment