Thursday, November 02, 2006

Trusting the Lord

We are always taught to put our trust in the Lord. I think about how many times I have heard that in Church or Sunday School and yet I always seem to fall short of it. I tell myself, "yeah, I trust the Lord..." But do I really? Whole-heartedly? About a week ago I was struggling with this and kept praying about different things we are struggling with. I decided I was going to make that my goal. I was wishy-washy and kept trying to take care of things myself and would remind myself-"no, trust God." One blessing came!:)
Todd and I went to Sunday school for the first time last Sunday :) and people were sharing stories from their lives about how God has taught them that lesson-"trusting Him". It was excellent. (Blessing two-hearing other's trusting the Lord)
I was mowing the yard Sunday afternoon-bitter and mad that I had to do it. (It was freezing cold!) I even told God that I was mad at Him for putting me in the situation I am in- so that I have to mow the lawn. Then I started complaining to God about all the adjustments I have had to make in my life due to Todd's accident. I complained about how we have no money, and all the extras that I have to do with little or no help. It is hard taking each kid in the house and then unloading all the grocieries by myself...I caught myself--it took awhile, but I did. I began to think that I need to be thankful for what I have. --Which I am, things could be a lot harder/ worse. I began praying that the Lord would provide for our needs. (There was a lot "I needed" to come up with in a short time). I went back and forth from "I trust you, Lord to provide" to "Should I ask...for help?" I can't tell you how many times I went back and forth. I had to keep reminding myself of our Sunday School lesson and the blessings we have had thus far and that "I trust the Lord!"
I had someone's church offer to help us financially. THREE Blessings!:)-Less than a week!:)
How amazing-needless to say I am crying by now--even days later as I am writing this, I cry!
We have had a 4th blessing since too! He jsut keeps blessing us. Sometimes I think I need big things like this to happen just to remind me of how good He is even with the little stuff!!
After all of this, I guess the Lord is still teaching me! I don't know that my trust will ever be completely full-I am trying though! He just keeps sending me reminders that He is right beside me! Thank goodness:)

PS: Todd got a 6 point~ All his hunting modifications have paid off!:)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your story is inspiring. I know too that since I have been out, ( almost three months now ) I have been learning to adjusting to not being able to do all that I use to. I have many restrictions, no more than 20 lbs. pulling, pushing, lifting etc. I of course, am going back to work in one week, after these 3 months out, and have to carry luggage everywhere, I have tried to do only 5 lbs. of weight-lifitng and re-injured part of my neck. I've been quite stubborn when all of this happened... and being at home every single day ALL day, except for therapy 3 X a week....has REALLY changed me. This time of solitude in the last three months has brought me closer to God than I ever have been. I have realized that there are SO many things that I try to do " on my own " and so many things I thought I needed or had to do or was missing out on.. but then I thought~ who gets this kind of time, in total solitude to work on themselves... to really dig in deep to what matters. I have renewed some relationships that needed mending and forgivness, I have fasted 3 times )for 5 plus days each time ) to bring myself up to a even more personal deeper level within myself. I have realized that God has been here for me the whole time, and I have been pushing him away and saying, " I'm doing alright now, I'll let you know when I need you.." So, selfish, so unfaithful. We too have been severely suffering with money, as I am the primary person for our income. Without me, it's been difficult. We have however, been able to continue to go forward to close on our first house, back in August, ( only 2 weeks after the accident ) and have been able to maintain our giving, and even above and beyond... how is that? ONLY by God's grace... We ARE most certainly blessed, and I am glad to see you being so blunt with your feelings. Chris and I have so amazingly grown closer, spiritully, it's so fun to be a child of God, doing things that make HIM happy, not ME!! We are living our lives very differently, and WE LOVE IT!! I know that it is amazing what can happen in your life when you TRUELY put God FIRST!!! I will continue to pray for all of you, but especially for your personal strength, and continued growth... we ALL need that!!
Love to all,
Tracy
p.s. By the way, the pictures are absolutely adorable.... they really are!!!