We received word last week that a friend of our's was killed in an unusual accident. Chad was working on a car (underneath it) when it fell on him. The impact killed him instantly. He left his wife, Sarah, and two little girls (younger than Gavin). We went to school with Chad and have hung out with Chad and Sarah since we have all been married. Please pray for the family. His funeral is today, (Monday). Sarah has a lot of mixed emotions right now. She goes from being angry to sad, and back and forth.--As anyone can imagine.
Going to a small school and knowing everyone so closely, made this a close to home experience for a lot of us that went to school together. Todd and I went to the viewing yesterday. It was very hard to see what his family is going through. We found out on Thursday evening right after it had happened. Ever since, it seems like it is all I can think about. I cannot imagine the loss of my husband. I pray and I pray. Immediately after finding out, I just thanked the Lord for everything my family has. "Thank you Lord for my family. Thank you for my husband, Thank you for my kids. Thank you that we are all healthy. Thank you that we are all safe."
I think it was a reality check for many of us--at least expecially for me. I know I pray to God when I need his strength and help, but I sometimes think I get too busy to thank Him. I thank him continuously now. Everytime I think about it I thank Him. I have a husband to go home to and love; and kids who I love so much. I have so much to be thankful for.
Please pray for Chad's family as they try to cope through this time. Please pray for Sarah as she will probably have some big decisions to make in the near future all by herself. Please pray for her to have strength--only from the Lord--to keep going even when it is extremely tough--she has two little girls who need her even more now. Please pray that over time she will feel a peace about her--also only from the Lord. Please remember the rest of the families involved--both Chad and Sarah's families. Chad had a younger brother too.
We will keep you posted.
Thank you for praying.
Monday, April 16, 2007
Please Pray!
Posted by Todd, Carolyn, Gavin, Tarylor, and Kennedy Bishop at 12:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment