Thursday, January 11, 2007

Bishop Madness

Craziness! Madness! These words describe our lives in a nut shell the last few weeks! Hence the reason there has been NOTHING done on here! Taylor got the flu on New Year's Eve night. While we were playing games and having fun with friends, Mom and Dad B. had the kids-one puking! :(-Sorry! At 12:05 AM Todd went to meet his parents to bring Taylor home. She continued to be weak the next day, then the diarrhea began-that lasted a week! She became dehydrated and we found ourselves in the ER last Friday night to get her an IV to be rehydrated. I think God made Mommies to be able to handle this stuff better than Daddies. Daddy thought it was all very unneccessary and became very upset with the ER nurses and Dr. (I will agree they poked and dug around a lot on her little arms and feet).
We got home about 12 AM. Saturday came and family time to be spent -all four of us! Oh! Taylor's eyes are gooping up! What is this about? Pink Eye? Are ya kiddin me?!
Nope! Sunday morning spent in Urgent care to get drops for Baby Taylor's eyes! Ugh!
Drops didn't work by Wednesday. Dr. says to stop drops-eyes are getting better-oh well, back to my famous phrase-"life is life".
we all went through the "bug" except for Gavin. We have been taking the stuff called "Airborne" if you have not tried it yet. I highly reccommend it. Gavin never got the flu (knowck on wood), we just kept giving the Airborne to him. (it dissolves like alksetzer tablets).
Other News:
My mom will be 50 this next Monday (15th)! It is hard to say that! Probably more for her than me. It just seems old for my mom. I guess maybe she doesn't look it or act it. I don't know.
Todd will be 26 at the end of this month (caught up to his wife for a few months):)
He goes to the Dr. feb. 1st. (if not before-we are still trying to get in sooner). He is waiting for Dr.'s words to see if he has to change jobs or not. this has been especially hard for me. The Lord is trying my patience and contentment, I think!-daily sometimes more often than that.
He has been watching both the kids though and seems to be doing okay with it. Other than just going stir crazy!-He is officially a "Stay at home Dad"!:):):):)-don't tell him I said that:)

Christmas seems like ages ago and I don't even have a picture of the kids with Santa up yet.
Our family Christmas was wonderful this year! We had many surprises from "Santa" this year for the kids! More about Christmas later though-with pictures I promise!
We were able to go up north for a couple of days while I was on break! It was nice, but way too short. I feel like I was just getting into my break and had to go back. I do have next Monday off which will be nice!
More to come later-I started my Master's classes-lots more work than I thought. Six papers due by Tuesday! Yikes!:(

1 comments:

Ben & Shannon said...

I've had a touch of that business you're talking about!!! It's not always fun, I know. But we gotta keep up with it!!!!